One pillar in adMare’s mission is to translate leading academic research into new companies of scale. We build sustainable partnerships with academic collaborators to identify and advance promising discoveries to transform them into validated investments and new companies.
adMare’s portfolio of programs is managed by Venture Partners/Entrepreneurs-in-Residence who:
- Have extensive industry experience, ranging from early drug development through to clinical trials and commercialization, and multiple facets of corporate operations
- Collaborate with academic researchers and/or Canadian life sciences companies, building teams with the adMare’s multi-disciplinary scientists and commercial development experts,
- Have access to adMare’s dedicated drug development labs (Vancouver and Montreal) and additional resources within the NÉOMED Innovation Center
- Are supported by adMare shared services and corporate functions led by experienced life science professionals (project management, lab operations, foresighting, IP and legal, finance and accounting, HR, communications)
We Identify Opportunities
- Current (and future) commercial opportunities are proactively identified & thoroughly assessed through a focused, systematic ‘foresighting’ and Search and Evaluation process managed by a dedicated, commercially-experienced internal adMare team.
We Validate and Advance Technologies
- We find leading technologies/platforms with the potential to be first/best-in-class and can form the foundation around which we can build an investable company. We not only further validate technologies, but also develop them into commercially attractive programs by generating valuable IP and data, and developing and executing on a viable commercial strategy.
We Build Partnerships
- For the opportunities deemed to hold the most potential in creating/returning value, we then bring together the very best partners from throughout academia, industry, patient foundations, the investment community, as well as other KOLs.
We Recruit Leadership
- We build an experienced management team – thus generating a complete & highly-compelling business case to secure the private sector investors, grow the company, & take technologies to patients.
Principal investigators retain control of their project throughout, and all original intellectual property remains with them and their institution.
Commercial expertise and support includes:
- Business case analysis/development
- Market assessments/forecasts
- Investment and partnering strategy, leverage & support
- Intellectual property positioning, protection & management
All adMare projects are undertaken on a shared risk/reward model, with fundamental criteria being:
- A highly-engaged academic collaborator
- Excellent, innovative science – novel approaches that address unmet medical needs
- A clear technology development and commercial path – critical scientific experiments & commercialization steps (e.g. the building of a solid IP position) can be defined.
adMare is strategically focused on the following therapeutic areas, but will opportunistically support projects in any area given they meet the criteria above:
- Oncology (including immunotherapy/immunology)
- Regenerative Medicine/Fibrosis
- Other Indications