Life Science Company Collaborations
A key pillar of adMare’s mission is to help existing Canadian small and medium-size companies (SMEs) scale up. adMare is a single-stop destination with the necessary scientific, business, infrastructure and capital resources to drive health-related technology to a company of scale. We offer access to world-class, cross-disciplinary scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure housed within our own facilities, including the NÉOMED Innovation Center, as well as through our extended network of national and international partners.
adMare’s portfolio of programs is managed by Venture Partners/ Entrepreneurs-in-Residence who:
- Have extensive industry experience, ranging from early drug development through to clinical trials and commercialization, and multiple facets of corporate operations
- Collaborate with academic researchers and/or Canadian life sciences companies, building teams with the adMare’s multi-disciplinary scientists and commercial development experts,
- Have access to adMare’s dedicated drug development labs (Vancouver), and resources of the NÉOMED Innovation Centre (Montreal)
Are supported by adMare shared services and corporate functions led by experienced life science professionals (project management, lab operations, foresighting, IP and legal, finance and accounting, HR, communications)
We collaborate with existing life sciences companies in a flexible shared risk/reward model.
- By working together and providing our expertise, infrastructure, and capital to Canadian companies, adMare helps enable companies to successfully advance their pipeline to the next corporate value creation point.
We provide cost-effective, high quality analytical service work, with fast turn-around times
- Our analytical services team works closely with clients to understand their needs and priorities, offering a wide range of customizable services. We specialize in the purification of chiral and achiral compounds.
Commercial expertise and support includes:
- Business case analysis/development
- Market assessments/forecasts
- Investment and partnering strategy, leverage & support
- Intellectual property positioning, protection & management
Scientific infrastructure is comprised of 225,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and expertise in both small-molecule and biologics development.
All adMare projects are undertaken on a shared risk/reward model, with fundamental criteria being:
- A highly-engaged company collaborator
- Excellent, innovative science – novel approaches that address unmet medical needs
- A clear technology development and commercial path – critical scientific experiments & commercialization steps (e.g. the building of a solid IP position) can be defined.
adMare is strategically focused on the following therapeutic areas, but will opportunistically support projects in any area given they meet the criteria above:
- Oncology (including immunotherapy/immunology)
- Regenerative Medicine/Fibrosis
- Other Indications