Working with adMare
adMare BioInnovations vision is to be a catalyst for the Canadian life sciences leading the world. To realize this vision, we source the most therapeutically and commercially promising research from leading academic and biotech partners to create new companies of scale, providing specialized expertise and infrastructure to help existing companies scale up, and driving the growth of those companies into Canadian anchors by training the next generation of highly-qualified personnel. Health sciences researchers, entrepreneurs, and companies alike have the opportunity to collaborate with adMare and thereby access its full suite of expertise, infrastructure, and broad partnerships and networks.
Working with adMare is about collaboration. adMare is the sole organization of its kind in Canada, the only fully-integrated centre with the expertise and infrastructure to source, evaluate, develop and commercialize new healthcare products. Working with these innovators in an iterative, flexible and collaborative shared-cost/reward manner, we offer access to world-class, cross-disciplinary scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure housed within adMare and through our extended national and international networks.
A foundation of adMare is the NÉOMED Innovation Center, a vibrant drug discovery hub hosting contract research organizations, biotech companies, and specialized commercialization support services and infrastructure at its state-of-the-art Montréal facilities – a dynamic business ecosystem that is stimulating collaboration and innovation, and amplifying the global competitiveness of Québec life science companies.
Specific areas of support include:
- Target validation
- High-throughput screening
- Medicinal chemistry
- Antibody/biologics development
- Formulation/drug delivery
- Business case analysis/development
- Market assessments/forecasts
- Investment and partnering strategy, leverage & support
- Intellectual property positioning, protection & management
Fundamental adMare project criteria are:
- A highly-engaged collaborator (academic investigator or life sciences company); Principal Investigator(s) remains an active collaborator and fully in control of the project throughout its development)
- Excellent, innovative science – novel approaches that address unmet medical needs
- A clear technology development and commercial path – critical scientific experiments & commercialization steps (e.g. the building of a solid IP position) can be defined.
- Fit with adMare’s capabilities and capacity, Critical question(s) / experiment(s) can be identified
- Fit within the strategic vision of adMare
adMare BioInnovations is strategically focused on the following therapeutic areas, but will opportunistically support projects in any area given they meet the criteria above:
- Regenerative Medicine/Fibrosis
- Other Indications