This new adMare program supported by the Quebec Government and the City of Montreal looks to scale-up the province’s most promising young life sciences companies. It provides a unique model for supporting early-stage Quebec-based companies by combining expertise of adMare’s management, scientific teams and infrastructure; and aims to advance companies to significant seed or Series A financing.
What We Offer
- A two-year acceleration program providing individualized coaching and training, including entrepreneurship programs, mentors dedicated to each company, access to adMare’s network and introductions to investors;
- Wet lab and office space;
- Personalized R&D and business support services.
What We Are Looking for
- Up to eight selected pre-seed or seed-stage therapeutic, med-tech, or digital health companies undertaking their core activities in the province of Quebec*. Companies must have a dedicated management team, and funding or a clear path to funding within the next 24 months.
Selected companies will be afforded up to $150,000 of in-kind customized adMare resources thanks to the generous contributions of the Quebec Government and City of Montreal. This may include:
- Free personalized business and technical services and individual coaching and mentoring including access to adMare Academy programs for two years;
- Discounted rate on rental fees for lab and offices space (75% discount in year one and 50% in year two).
- Location: Companies incorporated in Canada having their head office and activities in the province of Quebec;
- Sector focus: Companies developing products or services in the field of therapeutics, med-tech, or digital health;
- Stage: Pre-seed or seed stage, with at minimum, the funding required to contribute their portion of the rent for the lab and office spaces offered by the accelerator;
- Management team: Dedicated management team;
- Intellectual property: Clear IP strategy with identified path to obtain control or ownership of IP.
- Technology: Highly differentiated technology;
- Market: Companies should address clear unmet medical needs in a high-growth market opportunity; with identified market segments and patient subpopulations;
- Strategy: Companies should present an initial business plan focused on generating key milestones that will enable the next financing;
- Management team: A coachable and collaborative leadership team with a desire for assistance and mentorship; and a strong interest in participating in our accelerator community;
- Potential impact of Accelerator Program: The adMare accelerator will favour companies for which it can deliver the maximum impact.
adMare welcomes these start-ups to the program:
Our Strategic Partners
For additional information, please contact:
*Note: This program is open to companies headquartered anywhere in Canada, but they must be willing to undertake the majority of their activities at adMare’s Innovation Centre in Montreal, Quebec. For additional information on how adMare can support companies doing business in other parts of Canada, visit us here.